Your first visit to the obstetrician in Fairfax, Virginia after finding out you’re pregnant can feel exciting and a little intimidating. Whether you are a first time mom or a seasoned parent, you likely have questions you want to ask your doctor.
It’s easy to get into the exam room and forget everything you intended to ask (thanks, pregnancy brain!). Here are our top questions you should make sure to ask:
- How often will I be seen and when will I have scans? The schedule for prenatal visits can vary based on your specific risks and health concerns. Most patients are seen once a month through week 28. They are seen bi-weekly from weeks 28-36. And once a week from week 36 through the end of your pregnancy. The frequency of scans can also vary from person to person, so be sure to ask about this!
- How much weight should I gain and can I exercise? Your doctor will be able to assess your health and provide guidance on healthy weight gain for you and your baby, as well as recommendations for an exercise regimen.
- Should I be taking a prenatal vitamin? What about other medications I’m taking? Your doctor will be able to recommend a prenatal vitamin. She will also go over any medications to make sure they are safe to continue during pregnancy or recommend alternatives.
- What genetic testing should I have? If you are interested, your doctor will be able to advise you on options for genetic screening and testing for your pregnancy.
- What symptoms are normal and when should I call you? If you are experiencing morning sickness or other discomforts in your pregnancy you may be wondering what is normal and what is a cause for concern. Your doctor can help to alleviate concerns and let you know how to reach her in case of an emergency.
Schedule An Appointment With An Obstetrician In Fairfax, Virginia
Dr. Singh is an experienced OBGYN that specializes in personalized pregnancy care. If you are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnancy, call us today at 703-260-8038.